With the dates of the Bhabanipur bypoll, which was necessitated after TMC MLA Sovandeb Chattopadhyay vacated the seat to permit Mamata Banerjee to contest from there to retain her Chief Ministerial publish in West Bengal, has stirred a recent spherical of electoral slugfest between the Trinamool Congress and the Bharatiya Janata Occasion within the state.
Banerjee misplaced to Suvendu Adhikari of the BJP from Nandigram through the meeting election held earlier this 12 months. The TMC supremo has to win this by-poll to retain her chief minister’s publish.
Polling for 2 “deferred adjourned” elections in two different meeting seats Samserganj and Jangirpur of West Bengal will even be held the identical day.
Banerjee, who led her get together to an enormous electoral triumph for a 3rd successive time period however misplaced to her former protégé-turned-rival Adhikari in Nandigram, wanted to win a seat within the state meeting by November 5 in conformity with the constitutional provisions as a way to proceed because the chief minister.
The Structure permits a non-member of state legislature or Parliament to proceed in a ministerial place just for six months.
The BJP has lined up its star campaigners to rally for its candidate Priyanka Tibrewal, who the get together has fielded in opposition to the Bengal CM. Led by Bengal BJP chief Dilip Ghosh, the checklist of star campaigners embrace chief of opposition within the state meeting Adhikari, Union Ministers Smriti Irani and Hardeep Singh Puri.
Reacting to the saffron camp’s star campaigners, TMC’s Kunal Ghosh took potshots on the BJP, questioning the absence of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Dwelling Minister Amit Shah, get together nationwide president JP Nadda and even Kailash Vijayvargiya.
Apart from, he hit out on the BJP for Supriyo’s identify within the checklist since he introduced “leaving his politics”.
The total checklist of BJP’s star campaigners:
1. Dilip Ghosh (Bengal BJP chief and MP)
2. Suvendu Adhikari (LOP and MLA)
3. Amitava Chakroborty
4. Rahul Sinha (Ex nationwide secretary)
5. Swapan Dasgupta (MP, Rajya Sabha)
6. Anirban Ganguli
7. Debasree Choudhary (MP, former union minister)
8. Babul Supriyo (MP)
9. Subhas Sarkar (Union Minister)
10. John Barla (Union Minister)
11. Samik Bhattacharya (Chief Spokesperson)
12. Roopa Ganguli (MP)
13. Agnimitra Paul (MLA and BJP Bengal Mahila Morcha President)
14. Shantanu Thakur (Union Minister)
15. Locket Chatterjee (MP)
16. Shanwaj Hussain (Nationwide Spokesperson)
17. Smriti Irani (Union Minister)
18. Dinesh Trivedi (Former Union Minister)
19. Manoj Tiwari (MP and former state president)
20. Hardeep Singh Puri (Union Minister)